If you give your child a smartphone or tablet, they’ll probably find out how to open it and start discovering new things in a matter of seconds. Children are becoming computer experts at a very young age due to their exposure to technology. They start taking computer classes while in elementary school and many of them start using computers and tablets at home even before they enter school.
Today’s children are advancing significantly in their aptitude for school, future employment, innovation, and other areas as they become older because they start learning about technology at a very young age.
Here are some tech activities your children can learn at a young age and become tech geniuses to achieve a great career.
There are many great resources and programming languages that are well-suited for little ones to learn programming. Some popular options include:
• Scratch: This is a block-based programming language developed by MIT that is specifically designed for children. It is easy to use and allows them to create their own interactive stories, games, and animations.
• Python: This is a popular, general-purpose programming language that is easy to learn and has a large, active community. It is used in a wide range of applications, including web development, data analysis, and scientific computing.
• Kodu: This is a visual programming language developed by Microsoft that is designed for children. It allows them to create their own games and animations using a graphical interface.
Design a website
Looking for a fun project that can instruct your children in the fundamentals of HTML coding? Allow them to create their very own website on any theme of their choice, build it with a tool like Dreamweaver, and produce unique visuals in Photoshop or Paint. Give them a list of components to include on their website before they start, such as:
• An introduction page that tells visitors the purpose of the website
• Images from a phone, camera, or the internet
• Blog that discusses topics related to the website theme
• Custom graphics
• Links to any resources used
Coding for little ones can be a great way to introduce them to the world of computer science and help them develop important problem-solving and critical thinking skills. A questioning attitude is the first step towards creative thinking.
By teaching children how to code, you empower them to become the next generation’s creative thinkers. This will encourage them to experiment, examine their ideas, challenge their presumptions, and make mistakes from which they can learn.
Game design is a great way for children to learn about programming, creativity, and problem-solving. Here are a few options for them to get started with game design:
• Gamestar Mechanic: This is an online game design platform that teaches children the fundamentals of game design and programming. It includes a variety of educational games and challenges that help the little geniuses learn while they design their own games.
• Stencyl: This is a game design platform that allows children to create their own games using a visual, block-based interface. It includes a variety of tutorials and resources to help them get started with game design.
There also are many online resources and tutorials that can help your little ones learn game design, including the International Game Developers Association (IGDA) and the Global Game Jam.
The benefits these tech activities have for children come in handy for different aspects of life and allow them to express themselves creatively and analytically. So, if you are looking to encourage your child to learn something new, you can try any of the above activities.
If you enjoyed reading this blog, we also suggest you read 5 extra-curricular activities that are great for your children.