Taking a family winter excursion can be a great way to bond and create lasting memories with loved ones.
Pune is one of the greenest cities and is surrounded by hills, valleys and lush green forests as well as several forts and trekking locations. It has a lovely romantic atmosphere throughout the year.
Most hill stations around Pune are an absolute delight to experience. Additionally, a winter vacation can provide a much-needed break from the daily routine and can help reduce stress and improve overall well-being.
Hill stations during the winter season can offer a variety of experiences, depending on the specific location. Generally speaking, hill stations during the winter are known for their cooler temperatures and beautiful, scenic views. Here are some beautiful places around Pune you can visit for a fun family excursion.
This hill station is located about 64 km from Pune and is a popular destination for winter picnics. The area is known for its beautiful waterfalls and scenic views, making it an excellent spot for hiking and sightseeing.
Some popular tourist attractions in Lonavala include:
• Lonavala Lake: This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush green hills and offers a peaceful spot for a picnic or a stroll
• Lonavala Chocolate Factory: This factory offers a glimpse into the chocolate-making process and visitors can sample the different types of chocolates made here
• Ryewood Park and Shivaji Udyaan: This park features a beautiful garden, a mini zoo and a toy train that takes visitors around the park
• The Lonavala Wax Museum: This museum showcases wax statues of famous personalities, film actors and historical figures
• Karla Caves and Bhaja Caves: These ancient Buddhist rock-cut caves are located in the nearby area, and are known for their intricate carvings and sculptures
This small town located about 110 km from Pune is famous for its paragliding and hot air ballooning activities. The area’s natural beauty and pleasant weather make it an ideal location for these activities. It also offers beautiful views of the surrounding hills and valleys and is a great spot for a family picnic.Some popular tourist attractions in Kamshet
• Bhedsa Caves: These ancient rock-cut caves date back to 2nd century BC and feature intricate carvings and sculptures
• Kondeshwar Temple: This ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva is located on a hilltop and offers beautiful views of the surrounding area
• Shinde Wadi: This beautiful waterfall is located in the nearby area and is a popular spot for picnics and hiking
Rajmachi is a popular trekking and camping destination located in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra. It is about 120 km from Pune and around 30 km from Kamshet. Rajmachi is known for its two forts, Shriwardhan Ballekilla and Manoranjan Fort, and its beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
During the winter season, temperatures in Rajmachi are relatively low and the weather is pleasant, making it a great time to visit and explore the area’s natural beauty. The trek to Rajmachi is considered a moderate-level trek that can be done by most people, and it passes through lush green forests, and offers beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
4. Sinhagad Fort:
Sinhagad Fort, also known as the “Lion’s Fort”, is a historic fort located about 25 km southwest of the city of Pune. It is situated at an altitude of around 800 meters on a hill called Sinhagad, which is a part of the Sahyadri mountain range.
The fort has a rich history and was a strategic fort during the Maratha Empire. Sinhagad fort is a popular spot for trekking and hiking and offers beautiful views of the surrounding area.
The trek to the fort is considered moderate to difficult and can take around 2-3 hours to reach the top. The fort has a number of historical structures, including temples and bastions that can be explored.
During the winter season, temperatures in Sinhagad are relatively low and the weather is pleasant, making it a great time to visit and explore the area’s natural beauty. The winter season is considered the best time to visit the fort as the weather is clear and the fog is less.
So, ready for a weekend full of fun? Plan a journey with your loved ones to the location that most interests you. These destinations to visit near Pune in the winter will relieve all of your stress thanks to their tranquil environment, cloudy sky, mild breezes, and lush surroundings, and the activities available at each location will make your weekend vacation from Pune enjoyable.